Role of the Executive PA
The role of the Executive PA has never been more pivotal to the effectiveness of the director and board. The course combines over 100 years of experience developing business leaders across all sectors with a unique understanding of how critical the role of the Executive PA is to ensuring effective leadership and driving tangible business improvements.
For current dates - please see our learning and developemnt page http://www.pa-assist.com/courses
To book call 020 7766 2601 or e-mail: email@example.com
Who should attend?
This groundbreaking two-day programme has been designed exclusively for experienced PAs working for directors, business leaders and other executives at board level.
“I very much enjoyed the course and found it extremely beneficial. Janet was a wonderful course leader and made me feel at ease and relaxed while trying to understand what can be a quite complex subject. I would recommend the course to anyone who wants to know more about how companies are run and what the responsibilities are of the Executive team and Board.”
PA to the CEO and Chairman, Energy Saving Trust
What to expect
Increasingly, the Executive PA is taking on more responsibilities that have a direct impact on the success of the organisation.
In recognition of this, the programme covers four essential areas: corporate governance, finance, strategy and leadership, to broaden your understanding of the role and responsibilities of the board. The course combines over 100 years of experience developing business leaders across all sectors with a unique understanding of how critical the role of the Executive PA is to ensuring effective leadership and driving tangible business improvements.
You will benefit from the expertise of three course leaders during the programme. Janet Ashford, the lead facilitator, has over 15 years experience as an Executive PA to directors in legal and auditing firms. The corporate governance and finance sections of the programme will be delivered by two specialist course leaders, Paul Munden and Jean Pousson. Both of our course leaders have a wealth of experience leading organisations within the private and public sectors, to give you unique insight into the needs of directors and senior management.
Working with directors and the board:
- Understanding corporate governance
- The features of a company
- Roles and responsibilities of directors and Executive PAs
- The purpose and structure of the board
Key ideas and approaches to strategic direction:
- Defining strategy from the Executive PA's perspective
- The strategy making process
- Strategic analysis and models used by your director
- Formulating the strategy
- Strategy development and implementation as an Executive PA
- Sources and instruments of corporate finance
- Demystifying financial terminology and jargon
- Constructing an Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Analysis of your own company’s financial statements
Leading the organisation:
- Examination of culture and values and how the Executive PA can apply them to strategy, aims and objectives
- The techniques, tools and resources needed to deliver corporate strategy
- Organisational design
- Aiding effective leadership
- The Executive PA’s role in managing change
Participation on this course will provide you with:
- Increased knowledge of the key duties, roles and legal responsibilities of your director
- Improved understanding of vital financial terms and concepts
- An appreciation of the elements that make up an organisation’s financial strategy
- Confidence to support your director when handling financial accounts and interpreting reports
- The ability to discuss strategic issues confidently with directors at board level
- The knowledge to aid your director and the board in setting corporate objectives and defining mission, vision and values
- Techniques, tools and resources that will enable you to improve your director’s ability to lead the organisation
- An opportunity to explore your current working relationships with directors and senior management, and identify ways to manage more effectively
- An action plan with realistic objectives that will enable you to broaden your Executive PA role
You are required to complete some pre-course work before attending the event. This will be sent to you two weeks prior to the course and has been specifically designed to enhance and support your learning. The pre-course work covers the central themes of the programme and will take no longer than a few hours to complete.
Course leaders overview
See individual course leader profiles: